Hi there. I’m a guy on the internet who enjoys reviewing audio and gaming products. Here’s my simple policy for doing that:
- I don’t accept money from companies for Sponsored Posts and I never have in the past.
- Unless explicitly stated in the review, I bought the product I’m reviewing with my own personal money.
- I have a one-time donate button on my personal web site if you’d like to directly support me. It’s not recurring or subscription-based, but like a virtual tip jar. My other direct monetization of my writing is through the Medium paywall. Not all of my content is paywalled, and I enjoy Medium’s lenience with their system. If you follow me on Twitter you can quickly see when I upload new posts. My personal site is also one hundred percent free. I appreciate my paid Medium readers! You get full access to a ton of great content from myself and others for a low price, and help me to keep doing this. Thank you.
- In those specific moments where I do receive a review unit/code/etc., the review article won’t be monetized in any way or behind Medium’s paywall, but other secondary content about that product might be. The review will have as many specifics about the arrangement as I’m allowed to reveal featured in the opening lines of the article. I don’t accept review units with any major strings attached outside embargo dates for new releases.
- None of the product links in my reviews are affiliate links or referral links. You can click away knowing I won’t get paid anything if you do so. I don’t personally believe in the practice. I’ve written a lengthy piece about that commissioned by OneZero, available here.
Thanks for reading!